Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lists, lists, lists - in 2015

I am the type of person who loves making lists. I make bucket lists, grocery lists, goals lists, to do lists, chores lists, etc. I thought I would share a "2015" list of things I want to do/accomplish/try/learn in 2015.


Writing
  • Blog post about my Peru Trip
  • Bi-weekly post about my goings-on
  • Grand Teton Trip
  • Monthly Volunteer Newsletter for CAWS
Reading
  • Currently reading
    • Not That Kind of Girl - by Lena Dunham
    • Yes Please - by Amy Poehler
    • Waldon and Civil Disobedience - by Henry David Thoreau
  • Read in 2015
    • A Heart for Freedom - by Chai Ling
    • Serena - by Ron Rash
    • Gone Girl - by Gillian Flynn
    • Angels and Demons - by Dan Brown
    • Never Let Me Go - by Kazuo Ishiguro
    • The Bell Jar - by Sylvia Plath
    • If I Stay - by Gayle Forman
    • Guns, Germs, and Steel - by Jared Diamond
    • How To Be A Woman - by Caitlin Moran
And I'm sure a lot more will be read and/or added to the list.

Traveling
  • Grand Teton - Some friends and I will be hiking up to the saddle of Grand Teton peak in the Wyoming Tetons, then climbing the face.  I will only be top roping in, definitley NOT lead climbing.
  • Arizona - Air Balloon Festival - In less than two weeks I'll be heading to Arizona to visit the boyfriend and we'll be going to the Phoenix Air Balloon Festival.  I'm SO EXCITED to do this.  Firstly, I can't wait to get out of the nasty air here in Salt Lake, and mostly, I've wanted to go to an air balloon festival for years.
  • Los Angeles - Visiting my friend Melinda who now lives there, and trying to surf.
  • Grand Canyon Whitewater Trip - I'm hoping this will happen.  I have a friend with a permit for August of 2015, so I'm hoping everything will come together and there will still be room for me. 
  • International??? - In the event the GC raft trip doesn't work out, I'll need to have some sort of big vacation.  We'll see what comes up.
Fitness
  • I'm doing a challenge with a friend of mine to run/walk 2,015 miles in 2015.  We're splitting the mileage in half, so 1,007.5 for each of us.
  • Along with that, I'd like to run at least one more half marathon.
  • Complete a Century Ride (100 Mile) road bike event.  So far, the most I've done is 75 miles.
  • Lead Climb - I want to learn to lead climb (in the gym) and lead at least one climb on an actual rock.
Learning
  • Play the guitar - I have a class starting today!
  • Lead Climb - see fitness.
  • Photo Shop - I have myself a fancy DSLR camera that I'm still working on mastering, but I'd like to learn more in photo shop, since right now I know nothing.
  • Re-learning to ski.  I haven't skiied for 15 years since I decided snowboarding was way "cooler" at the age of 13, although I spent my childhood skiing.  Let's see if I can pick it back up.
-Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment